Explore and be inspired by larger-than-life people who impacted the shaping of America.
In 5 short weeks, Blackbird & Company research study guides will walk students through the process of composing an original biographical essay.
Week 1 – 3:
- I introduce a rich vocabulary to describe the character traits exemplified by these historical figures.
- Provide observation questions designed to help students extract details that matter.
- Equip students with the scaffolding that enables them to craft one body paragraph that will later become part of the culminating essay.
- Students craft a simple introduction and conclusion, put the components together, and, voila, an essay!
- A creative project, of course, that offers directives to tap into the students imagination.