A selection of classic and contemporary American literature.
- The Acts of King Arthur and His Noble Nights, John Steinbeck
- The Boys in the Boat, Daniel James Brown
- The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
- A Separate Peace, John Knowles
- To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Betty Smith
Level 4 Literature and Writing Discovery Guides are recommended for high school students (grades 9–12) who have acquired the skills and proficiency necessary to read and to respond to a complex piece of literature.
In addition to tracing character development, students will research themes, symbols, and motifs, have weekly writing activities and culminate study with an original essay and creative project.
Each guide is designed to be completed in five weeks, which allows students to comfortably work through six units in a typical school year.
If you would like to substitute any titles in this year-pack, you can either purchase the 6 titles you would like individually, or just let us know in the customer notes when you check out.